Life at Sust Global
We are seeking driven and results orientated individuals to play a lead role in building Sust Global.
Private healthcare insurance
For employees and their family members.
Generous holiday allowance
Above average annual leave entitlement plus a stipend to spend on recharging.
An allowance to spend on whatever makes you happy.
Professional development allowance
Annual budget to spend on training or educational materials.
Jobs at Sust Global
View all our open roles.
Senior Climate Data Scientist (Full Time, Remote, US)
This is a fast paced, career building opportunity where you will have a positive impact on the world we live in while working with geospatial climate data and collaborating with the founding team. You will be working closely with our CTO and our data science team. Our science and engineering team is distributed across the US and this role is remote friendly.
- You will leverage your deep knowledge of climate and earth systems as well as analytical expertise to provide insights to customers and strengthen our core product offerings
- You will disseminate climate-related insights via internally and external facing visualizations, published articles and whitepapers
- You will work with large, complex data sets solving non-routine analysis problems, applying advanced analytical methods as needed
- Maintain and rethink existing datasets and pipelines to service an evolving variety of use cases
- Enable smart analytics by building robust, reliable, and useful data sets that can power various analytic techniques like spatial regression, super resolution, clustering etc.
- You will have a wide impact on our current and upcoming base of customers to help distill complex climate data and frontier climate science into actionable signals
- Experience with climate modeling and working with large spatial datasets on fundamental climate variables
- Experience working on analysis, validation and exploration with geospatial data in different formats: netCDF and geojson
- Experience developing and deploying machine learning models and running data analysis on geospatial and multispectral earth observation datasets
- Experience with python, git, and linux command line. Prior experience with cloud based data analysis tools and workflows
- Graduate degree in atmospheric science, meteorology, climate/earth systems science, hydrology, civil/environmental engineering, astrophysics or similar fields; PhD/postdoc with professional work experience highly preferred
- 2+ years of experience working on cloud-native software products in an industry setting
- Available to work remote in a full time capacity
- Travel expected a few times a year for team offsites
- Authorized to work in the US
Apply for the role by sending a copy of your resume to [email protected]
We are always looking for skilled engineers and data scientists who are motivated by our mission. If you don’t see any suitable roles available right now but are interested in working with our team, feel free to message us with your resume at [email protected].